2.26.2013

Ready to pop!


I'll be 40 weeks on Sunday.  I had what was hopefully my last prenatal appointment yesterday. I'm 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. We're just waiting for the bambino to make an appearance. Oh my goodness, I really don't think there is anything more exciting in the world! 

We've installed the car seat, packed the hospital bag, inflated the birthing ball, stocked up on frozen meals, burp cloths, breast pads and all the newborn essentials. We've got a special gift ready and waiting for big brother Linus. Oh, and we're pretty certain on a name, too.

 I've had a very easy pregnancy compared to a lot of women and I know i'm so lucky to feel as good as I do. With that said, my back aches and the pubic bone pain is just awful... I pee every half an hour, I'm swollen and I'm really not getting much sleep these days. As much as i've loved this pregnancy and as thankful as I am to have made it to 40 weeks, I'm ready for the next chapter. We all are. My mama is home from her Hawaiian vacation and Evan has everything sorted out at work. 

Hand over the pineapple and the primrose oil. I want to meet my baby boy!

(just kidding about the pineapple and the primrose oil. I'll try my best to let nature take it's course.)

photos taken at 37 weeks by my friend Sarah Mavro.


5 comments:

  1. Those are such beautiful pictures of your pregnancy! Good luck to your and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Can't wait to see some pictures of the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about you all the time! Can't wait to hear news of his arrival. Best wishes for a safe and speedy recovery. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look radiant, happy birthing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the well wishes! Hopefully this little guy shows up soon. I'm getting anxious!

    ReplyDelete