1.18.2013

the 52 project

 01/52
"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Baby boy: 33 weeks. He had the hiccups when this photo was taken.
Linus: Checking to see if his painting is dry.

Happy 2013. I've been taking some time away from the blog and social media in general. I think it's important for me to do that every now and then. We've been enjoying life as much as ever. Sharing sweet moments with our family, keeping cozy under blankets while reading stories with Linus and i've been enjoying every hiccup and kick I feel with our new growing boy. I'm 33 weeks along now. I'm an emotional mess. I cry at least once a day. 

I'm also feeling a little anxious these days. I feel like we have so much left to do. The nursery isn't quite finished. I have to wash and put away all the itty bitty baby clothes and find my breast pump... I want to buy birthday gifts for everyone I know who has a birthday in the next 3 months (which is a lot). I want to go out on a few dates with Evan.  I want to take Linus all over the city to teach him and give him every possible experience. I grew up as an only child which I think is part of the reason why I want such a large family of my own, but at the same time I'm feeling guilty that Linus is going to have to share our time and attention with his baby brother. He's still so young and he's such a cuddle bug. I just hope he's able to adjust to the change without too much difficulty. He's very excited about meeting his new baby brother. He talks about him a lot. He reads the same story to him every night before bed and he thinks it's absolutely hilarious when the baby kick his hand. 

It's hard to believe we're just a few weeks away from meeting this wiggly little one. I know it's a cliche, but this pregnancy has been speeding by so fast. It's so much different than the first time. I'm wishing that I took more photos of my growing belly. It's hard to find the time with a three year old around. It certainly doesn't mean we're any less excited about this new little shmoop of ours. If anything, we feel more excitement this time around. We know what it feels like to love Linus as much as we do and we have a better idea of what to expect which has allowed us to tap into a deep and true love for this baby already. I hope he feels it.

I realize now how important it is to take pictures and to document the growth of these wonderful little people in my life. I miss blogging on a regular basis for that reason. I love the idea of doing a long term photo series, but life can be so busy and I don't want to live every beautiful moment behind the lens of a camera. So, I've decided to take part in this very rewarding and totally achievable 52 week project inspired by Jodi. A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013. I think it will be a great way to document their growth and I know I'll treasure it forever. I hope to make it into a printed photo album at the end of it all. I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing in the future. I hope to publish the occasional post.  I know I'll have no problem keeping this project going. So, here we go!

I'll be playing a bit of catch up as I've already missed the two first weeks of 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you've joined in too. I love seeing everybody's 52 project posts and yours is one of my favourite blogs! It's interesting for me to read your thoughts on your second pregnancy (I only have one child) it makes sense that you would be a bit more calm about the whole thing and understand the process a lot more. i wish i could have known that there is a light at the end of the tunnel at that first stage, as glorious as it is, it's a bit foggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystin,
    I'm Sue from Raspberry Kids and checked out your blog after seeing the info on the order you just placed (thank you so much for your business!).

    I'm 31 weeks along with #3 and trust me, you are way further ahead than I am! We just got our stroller but still need to pick out a carseat and reclaim some of our baby gear we lent out over the years. I kept putting everything off until the new year and now here it is almost the end of January! Eek!

    Thank you once again for your order. Your blog and etsy shop are just lovely! If we can help with all those birthday presents you need to get for the next few months, please let us know!

    All the best with the arrival of your son! I'm sure Linus will be an awesome big bro!
    Sue
    --
    Sue Sinclair, Chief Executive Mom at Raspberry Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue!

      That is so exciting! Congratulations.

      Thanks for checking out my blog and for the kind comments. We love Raspberry Kids! I'm sure I'll be making many more purchases from you in the near future:) I'm especially excited about my most recent purchase. Our growing baby boy picked it out for Linus as a big brother gift.

      Wishing you and your growing family all the very best!

      Delete