9.06.2012

First Day



  We had a beautiful Summer. Lazier than most, though we did spend a lot of time at the playground. We went to Vancouver and Chicago. Vancouver was gorgeous as usual. Linus had so much fun playing with his Uncles Zane and Elias. Those boys are just the sweetest. We'd never been to Chicago before and we're so glad we decided to go. What an awesome city it is! Amazing food, the friendliest people, interesting architecture and museums and super kid friendly! Linus had a blast. Highlights of the trip include the architectural boat tour, Portillo's hot dogs and watching the fireworks from the very top of the Navy Pier ferris wheel (we totally lucked out!).

 As lovely as our Summer was, Autumn has always been my season. After long, hot, sticky Summer days I crave a fresh Fall breeze, spiced tea and a new knitting project. I can feel it in the air now. I can see the golden undertone. The light seems lower. The nights are much colder. Perfect sleeping temperature. In the morning, before Linus wakes up, I sit under a blanket by the window and sip my tea. It's a perfect quiet moment only to be sweetened a few minutes later as my rosy cheeked boy climbs onto my lap for morning time cuddles.

Yesterday was Linus' first day of preschool. He's been looking forward to going back and he loved it. He's learned to spell and write his name so he can sign his work. I'm very proud of him. He made sure to get his little back back ready with his new school shoes, an extra set of clothes and his rock collection. The essentials. 




3 comments:

  1. YAY, you're back! (excited).
    Your little boy is soo adorable. Love your blog!


    xxx Sabrina
    bbutterflybrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabrina! That's super sweet of you to say. I'm happy to be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to come home from a short holiday and see that you're back! The perfect posts to read with my morning tea. I especially love your words in this post and the image of you under a blanket, sipping tea. Very calming!

    ReplyDelete