7.30.2012

busy picking berries

Hello friends. I've been keeping quiet around these parts for quite a while now. 
Sometimes I just need a bit of time away in order to live the full and happy life I dream about- The one where I take in all the little moments with my loved ones, savor juicy summer strawberries, sip a cup of tea while the thunderstorms roll through and feel content with the here and now. 
All of this social media stuff- Facebook, Blogs, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter... It's always been a little overwhelming for me. I do love the inspiration I find via blogs, Etsy and Pinterest, but I can only take so much. I've spent way to much time sitting at my computer, thinking about all the things I want to make and do, but hardly any time actually doing anything. 
I'm an introvert through and through and this constant communication and documentation of my life, well, I don't really like it. It's not how I want to live.
So I've decided to tone it all down a bit. The posts here are going to be few and far between at times. No more Tumblr. No more Twitter. If we're friends on Facebook, I rarely check it so please contact me through e-mail from now on.
I want to focus my time and attention on the people in my life that matter most. There is nothing more important to me. I believe this life is all there is and I have to make the most of it.
 So, if I forget about this space again in the future, please don't worry about me. There is nothing wrong. In fact, I feel like the luckiest person in the world at 23 to have love in my life and to live where I do. I'm just soaking it all in.

7 comments:

  1. I understand and completely agree with you, sometimes we spend so much time on our tech that we forget to actually live. I remember once questioning myself as to whether I wanted to do something because I wanted to or because it would make a great blog post. At that point I made a decision to make life the motivation and let the blog be the journal of it, not making the blog the life. If that at all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Krystin. Good for you for finding balance in life and not letting the virtual world dominate your real world. Face-to-face time and live moments are the ultimate relationship builder. We'll miss you in the bloggosphere, but I am happy for you with this type of change. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get that, sometimes I get overwhelmed with how much of myself is available to anyone who wants it. I will be sad to not see regular posts, but you have to do what makes you happy. These images are lovely, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you krystin! i have the same thoughts and am spending WAY less time online. i was untethered during a 2 week holiday and it was amazing. good on ya! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I feel the same way about so many things; especially the part about sitting behind your laptop thinking about all the things you want to do/make, but never doing them! As of late, I've been getting a physical unrest if I linger online too long, prompting me to go DO. I will be toning down too, which is easier now that I'm closing my shop. But it remains a balancing act.
    I love your blog and am sad to see less of you and your life, but happy for you that you'll focus on living it. xo, Inge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore your photos and blog! Definitely your newest follower. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog. I just discovered today.

    ReplyDelete