4.27.2012

Why I Relay

(My uncle Jonny and I circa 1989)

I participate in the Canadian Cancer Society: Relay for Life each year with family and friends in memory of my uncle Jonny. There are no words to describe the horror and pain I feel with him gone and to know what he went through before he died. I can't even begin to tell you. I'm haunted by the images of him in his final days, but I'm also filled with countless memories of the playful, kindhearted, loving, adventurous Jonny he was to us all. I miss him. I love him. I just hope that the money raised will somehow help another family.  
The woman in the video below is my beautiful auntie Christine.

If you would like to pledge Linus, Evan or I you can do so by finding our names under the team 'Jimmy Coole #1'. Just click here! The Edmonton relay begins on Linus' birthday- May 26th!

My heart goes out to any of you who have been touched by this horrible disease.  
xox

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you lost your uncle jonny... i have been lucky so far to not lose anyone close to me. sending you (and your's) positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete