4.23.2012

Visiting Vancouver


We spent the last few days in Vancouver, soaking in the warmth, savoring the cherry blossoms, and relishing the sweetest moments with family. Linus spent most of his time playing Star Wars with his uncles Zane (3), and Elias (5).  Elias knows absolutely everything there is to know about Star Wars. He had a lightsaber attached to his hip at all times.  He and Jedi would be great friends if only they lived in the same city... It's so fun watching these little guys play together, teach each other and have the most hilarious conversations. Seriously, the things they say on a daily basis kill me. Just a few minutes ago I overheard Zane, who is 6 months older than Linus, ask honestly if he was Linus' Grandpa.

Here are a few photos from our trip. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably already seen many of these. It was such a fun weekend, I don't even know where to begin. Kite flying. A carnival. Science World. Deep Cove. Room6. Lightsabers. Pirate costumes. Cecil Green Park House (where Evan and I were married). The beach. Hip Baby disco party. Raining cherry blossom petals. Delicious food. Only one major tantrum... It was a very good weekend, indeed. The only thing that bummed me out was that i ruined the only photos of Evan, Linus and I sitting on the bench together... I look weird in the first one because I was about to get up, but I have no excuse for the second one...You'll see... 


And there you have it. Our very lovely weekend in Vancouver. 
Now back to school!

7 comments:

  1. looks like an aweseome trip!

    love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely. Jedi would have loved it there. And yes, he would be great friends with Elias. He would worship him, with all his lightsabers and Star Wars knowledge! And, Elias would probably think it was cool to meet a real Jedi! The two of them seem very similar. The pictures of all the boys are so cute, but the one of Elias at the top of the stairs with his bike really freaks me out! I want to go to Vancouver too. The pictures are gorgeous and so are you. I don't know what you are talking about with the bench photos. We are excited to see you back home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be so nice to see flowers blooming there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I was already looking forward to our trip there (in three weeks!), but this has triggered even more excitement! I'll email you soon for some more tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pictures are so beautiful! so glad you had a fun time! actually my uncle and his family live in vancouver but never got the change to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new reader and just wanted to say that this was an adorable post!
    The photos are so sweet!!

    - Erin :)
    writedreamrunsing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! We had such a good time. And not to worry. That photo of Elias on his bike is tricking you. Those are not steps behind him. It's just the driveway!

    ReplyDelete