1.03.2012

Remake Project

I came across this awesome project via "A Cup Of Jo", and just had to share. The "Remake Project" challenged students to recreate famous works of art, using photography. Some of the submissions are quite compelling. A few of them made me giggle.

“Nighthawks” by Edward Hopper. Remake by Bastian Vice.


“Self Portrait 1889″ by Vincent van Gogh. Remake by Seth Johnson.


“The Girl With The Pearl Earring” by Johannes Vermeer. Remake by Sybille de Chavagnac.

“Pot Pourri” by Herbert James Draper. Remake by Tania Brassesco and Lazlo Passi Norberto.

“Le Désespéré” by Gustave Courbet. Remake by Stefano Telloni.
“Grande Odalisque” by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres. Remake by Craig White.



5 comments:

  1. Ahaha xD The last one took me by surprise - hilarious surprise! Such a neat idea in general though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looooove the van gogh remake.. so good.. man and the draper one is dead on. amazing :) i had to do this in college.. fun project. i posted another remake a few days ago.. with a 20 yr old photo of my sister and i! haha.. definitely not a piece of art, but fun all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a creative assignment!! i wish my art teachers gave me something like this. nighthawks is a favorite btw! very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, I certainly wasn't expecting that last, kudos to him! & to all everyone, what fantastic jobs! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday : )

    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The “Pot Pourri” photograph is amazing!

    ReplyDelete