11.14.2011

My love and I...

We've been having a lot of fun making our new house into a comfy cozy home. Adding little touches here and there to each room. Puzzle pieces on the floor, felt mistletoe above our heads, dinosaur ornaments on the x-mas tree, tea in my cup, water colour paintings on the kitchen table, a forgotten frozen pumpkin on the front door step... My vision is slowly coming along, one corner at a time. Lately I've been focusing on finding the right art and photos to hang on our walls. It's tough to find the right pieces for the right price, but I'm doing my best. Finding daily inspiration on Pinterest, of course, and from Creature Comforts '10 creative ways to display photos and art'. I've put up a few of my favorite photos, hung a few posters and my auntie Nola's beautiful art work as well. She and my uncle Ryan are very talented artists and super cool people. I also recently ordered this custom print of Evan and I from Rifle Paper Co. I've wanted one for a very long time I know of the perfect spot for it in our new home. I love it! 
Oh, and If you haven't already seen Rifle Paper Co.'s charming holiday cards, you really should check them out here
I'm looking forward to putting together a little home tour post in the near future. I have a few lingering details I want to complete first...and our bedroom probably won't be finished for quite a while yet... but I'm working on it. Maybe I'll post photos of one room at a time. We'll see!
Time to curl up in front of the fire with my boys. We're living in a snow globe here in Edmonton and it's kind of wonderful. xo

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece of art to have in your own home. Love her work. I'd love to see your home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you have the right idea of appreciating the snow - a snow globe indeed! It is hot and muggy out today here - we miss you but everyone is having a good time. Love you. GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet art print! I was excited to decorate when I first moved into our house, but now with the holidays- i haven't done anything remotely decorative :/ maybe after Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I love that painting so much.

    There is so much I want to do to our house too. Can't wait to get some peeks.

    ReplyDelete