11.22.2011

30 before 30

 I'm almost 23, and nearly everyday of my life I feel that helpless, time slipping through my fingers feeling that most people feel at one point or another. Seeing the seasons change, the piles of projects build up on my desk, looking through old photos, noticing that I'm not the mother of a little baby anymore (he's two and a half already!). I feel this twinge of anxiety and the need to make the most of this one life I have. To soak it up and savor the moments that make it truly wonderful. I'm happy to have this feeling at such a young age. I won't be turning thirty until January 22, 2019, which gives me plenty of time to cross each and every one of these goals off my list.


1. Make another baby!
2. Take a watercolour painting class.
3. Take a trip to Montreal.
4. Kiss and cuddle my children and my husband every day.
5. Kiss the Blarney Stone in Ireland.
6. Raise over $15,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society.
7. Plan a date night with Evan at least three times a month.
8. Learn to make really good soup.
9. Run a marathon...make that a half marathon!
10. Get all of our photos printed into photo books.
11. Become a professional photographer.
12. Start my own business.
13. Do yoga daily.
14. Contribute to a community garden.
15. Give blood.
16. Plant a flowering fruit tree in the back yard.
17. Go on a classic American road trip.
18. Teach the littles how to snowboard.
19. Make a quilt.
20. Learn to play the piano with Linus.
21. Become an early riser.
22. Make a list of 100 books and read them. I'll share my list when I have it down.
23. Do the same thing with 50 movies.
24. Acquire a Jadeite collection.
25. Re-visit Africa.
26. Learn to make pretty dresses, and wear them.
27. Sleep in a tree house.
28. Zip line in Hawaii.
29. Make pies. Eat some. Give some away.
30. Start the process of adopting a child.

7 comments:

  1. what beautiful goals Krystin! I hope you achieve each and every one!

    yay for adopting! reading! traveling! being a photographer! starting your own business! and making babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring goals. You are awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these. So impressive, what you've already done, where you're already at for your age! I'm sure you'll do all of these beautifully. (I'm not so sure about my 40 before 40!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely goals. I can't believe you're still so young! You are indeed lucky to have this understanding already. Gives you plenty of time to achieve these goals, and more importantly, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little list. I've thought about making one too but I'm already nearly 30! Eek! =) Your list is very sweet.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the kind words. It's never too late to start, Kacie! I think it's important to set goals for yourself, and also to come to the realization that you don't NEED to do everything in order to feel fulfilled. xo

    ReplyDelete