9.17.2011

Paper snacking...

 Linus won't stop eating paper lately... I don't know what to do or why he does it! It's not just paper... it's cardboard, cotton balls, kleenex, and now my new shop packaging! It's driving me a little bit crazy because I just can't figure out the reason behind it. He's probably not iron deficient because broccoli is his very favorite food and he loves steak. I'm pretty sure he's getting enough fibre... I also give him a children's daily multivitamin, and he's always been a good eater. Perhaps it's just curiosity or it might have to do with the fact that he recently quit sucking his soother. I really don't know, but I hope it stops soon. It can't be very good for him.


10 comments:

  1. he'll stop eventually--my son went through something similar. some kids put everything in their mouths, and some fixate on a certain kind of thing. it's actually normal, believe it or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just take it away from him when you catch him doing this - say no, paper is not for eating - and give him something else to chew on - or suck on - like popsicles, or carrots, or whatever he likes and is relatively healthy... and tell him each time that he can eat something else, and to ask you for something when he feels like eating stuff that is not food. He's a smart kid - he knows you don't eat paper - tell him... People don't eat paper. You are a people. What do you want to eat now instead. Good luck GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I'm not sure if this is normal or not...I hope he stop soon too. Do some research online at legitimate sources and then consult your pediatrician?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too funny Krystin! He will just grow out of it. I think I did that when I was little. I agree- just try and give him something else instead. What a sweet little stinker!!! Can't wait to see your new home!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying so hard not to laugh! Silly Monkey! Start keeping non bleached paper around! Hope that stops soon!

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben did that to a letter of mine from Germany! He decided to run around the apartment with it in his mouth. :D PS...Annie's pasta is so damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate paper when I was little, and I turned out fine, I think... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's like the little girl from Lemony Snicket - always biting things. :) I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ya'll. I feel a little better knowing he's not the only one... I've been keeping lot's of snacks out in bowls for him to munch on instead. It's helping, but he did proceed to eat the drawing of daddy he made today...

    ReplyDelete