8.08.2011

Folk Fest & Farewell


We spent the last four days taking in great music, fresh air and beer at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival. We loved every minute of it(even the rain). Linus had such a wonderful time dancing and running down the grassy hills, eating mini doughnuts, and playing with friends. We probably should have been preparing for our Mediterranean vacation over these last few days, but we're so thankful we went. We're proud to be true folkies now and look forward to making it a yearly family tradition.

We have plenty of packing/cleaning to catch up on today. We plan on taking a morning walk with Jedi, Sadie and Linus to grab some coffee, iced tea and banana bread, then we'll mosie back over here and get to work. I'm hoping we'll find a bit of time to frolic in the backyard at some point. We'll all be hopping on a plane headed to Barcelona early tomorrow morning. It will be a very long flight for the littles, so I thought it would be a good idea to let them play out of doors as much as possible today. 

It sounds as though any access to the interwebs that we might have will last just long enough to check a few e-mails while we're away. I guess that means no blogging for this lady... I'm actually kind of looking forward to taking some time away from computers and cell phones for a while. It'll be a true vacation, or as much of one as you can have with a two year old... Just kidding, we love traveling with our little Linus. He just makes everything seem so much more wonderful. Especially things like buses and balloons. I'll be back in this space soon enough with page upon page of photos from the trip, another mix tape, and some exciting news about my little Etsy shop. Until then, I bid you all a fond farewell. Oh, and if you have a chance to vote for me on Top Baby Blogs(find the button on the left<---), please feel free! You can vote once daily. 
I'll leave you with a few of my favorite past posts that many of you may have missed.
 Wishing you a very happy Monday and a relaxing few weeks ahead!





6 comments:

  1. Oh I love Barcelona! I spent some time there, not enough though, only 10 days. Take so many photos! I did not have a camera when I went:( I hope you and your family have such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this festival looks fun--i have actually never been to one! woe-is-me!
    have fun on your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family! That festival looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to attend a festival.

    xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog through Adalou and realized, after looking through your wedding posts, that I had pinned up some of your wedding photos in the inspiration book for my own wedding. Such a pleasure to come across your blog and realize the happy coincidence! My guests were so enamored with my mason jar drinking glasses and paper striped straws, but I had to give credit elsewhere :)

    And what a gorgeous little family you have!

    http://noahbabyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip to Barcelona! :D

    ReplyDelete