7.18.2011

Sweet sweet Summer

We had a wonderful, sunshine filled weekend. Evan and I went out on a little date. We saw the movie Beginners and we both really enjoyed it. We went to the Sugarbowl for cinnamon buns, french toast and huevos rancheros on Saturday. Wandered through the Art Walk on Whyte ave, then made our way over to a little birthday party for one of Linus' sweet friends(Happy 2nd Birthday Conor!). On Saturday evening we had a delicious dinner with Evan's dad. Linus was so happy to have a little after dinner play time with his Grandpa. Later we spent some time swapping "ghost" stories, sippin' blueberry beers and snacking on olives with friends. We got together with a few of them again on Sunday for brunch and then spent the afternoon at the park. We ended our weekend with my family at my grandparents house for Sunday dinner. My grandma made a scrumptious dessert using the rhubarb from her garden. I might have to make the same thing using my rhubarb plant before we move away and have to leave the garden behind...
It was such an enjoyable weekend and so nice to finally see the sun again!
I'm heading out with Linus for a little morning run (and by "run" I most likely mean walk... we'll see how it goes!). Trying to savour every day of Summer. Before we know it, it'll be fall!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sugar Bowl! I've heard nothing but good things about them. I need to wander down that way more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious time with family, nothing better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so obsessed with Instagram's Earlybird filter! Love these candid moments :-)

    ReplyDelete