7.19.2011

Our little garden

Meet my little vegetable garden. I have never had a garden before this one and I'm so pleased with my very first attempt. We had a few failures, but for the most part it's growing quite nicely. I had a really great raised garden bed made for me when we moved into this house and I've since filled it with tomatoes, snow peas, strawberries, rhubarb, nasturtiums, carrots, beets, broccoli, various herbs and a few flowers. Linus has been helping me pick the peas and strawberries. A delicious snack in between chalk drawings and running through the sprinkler! We will be saying goodbye to this little garden very soon. Moving on to bigger and better at our new place! I'll miss this one though. I just hope we sell to someone with a green thumb.

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a vegetable garden, isn't it? I have one too, but with mostly herbs :) I'm doing an update on mine later today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I just did my very first garden as well and it is so lovely to be able to walk into your yard and pick your own fresh herbs and veggies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily your new home has garden space too... and we can buy new rhubarb plants and look forward to planting time next spring! Love you - may have to come visit your garden! and You. GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute garden! Isn't it so magical to pick fruits and veggies out of your very own garden?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. I miss my little garden terribly!

    ReplyDelete