7.23.2011

One year ago today...

 I was a quivering, sweaty, blushing, nervous mess!
It's our very first wedding anniversary today and although I was shaky on our beautiful wedding day, the marriage has filled me with unwavering peace and contentment. Just as I knew it would. 
I'm so lucky to have found my love so early in life. He makes my world go round. He sets my heart a flutter. I love him and it's time to celebrate!
Paper is the traditional first year anniversary gift, so... my sweet, lovable, ah-mazing husband bought us tickets to see Bon Iver and Other Lives in concert!... This September!... in Portland!!! I'm still trying to catch my breath from the happy dance I performed when he told me. Isn't he the most wonderful man! My gift to him isn't quite as extravagant, though still exciting and fits with the paper theme... I managed to find tickets to the Edmonton folk music festival! Woohoo! So now all of us, including Linus, are doing happy dances. Mostly consisting of twirls, super high leg kicks and Linus using daddy's body as a ladder. Evan's not so good with the super high leg kicks... However, he does know how to do the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man dance quite well!
 Today Linus will be spending the day with family while Evan and I bike to the park for a little picnic. Evan has something planned for later this evening. He hasn't told me what. I love being able to just go with the flow.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
-Dr. Seuss

I look forward to many more weird and wonderful days with you, Boo.

22 comments:

  1. Aww, happy anniversary! Awesome pictures, and I love your husband's suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HA PPY Anniversary! Love you both and wish you a wonderful day and many more weird days to follow... enjoy this day and the weekend.. love you lots and lots.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost peed when you said you were going to Bon Iver in September....but then you said Portland instead of San Fran! I will be at that show and I thought it would have been so fun to meet there:) But alas, I am still so excited for you. Don't you feel like you are about to see a living legend? Happy Anniversary lady, your man seems so sweet and loving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for anniversary #1! Tuesday is our 3rd and I am as giddy as ever about it. Enjoy yours, okay?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful gifts for each other, especially because they're events you can share together. I love those photo's of you two lying in the grass, you seem so natural together.
    You and Rebecca are both so lucky to go see Bon Iver! The one show here in the Netherlands sold out before I even knew about it :( Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! Happy Anniversary! Love the Dr. Suess quote! I'm jealous of your upcoming concerts, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Happy anniversary (though I'm late!)

    bisous,
    http://gartersandstockings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! Such beautiful picture memories...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys had a beautiful wedding! And you're a gorgeous couple! So jealous. I'm planning my wedding and I can only hope that my wedding is as beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! I love these dreamy photographs, you look absolutely beautiful. And I just had to comment because my wedding dress was so similar to yours. Clearly, we both have excellent taste ;-). (Here's a picture: http://www.naomibulger.com/1/post/2011/05/stranger-than-fiction.html - scroll to end). May there be many decades of joy for you to come! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wedding photos are beautiful! Looks like it was a magical day! happy anniversary to you both :)

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had such a lovely wedding...the photos are amazing! Congrats on your first anniversary! Visiting from Freckled Nest :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so these are the cutest, loveliest, pictures I've seen today! They're amazing. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww these are so lovely!!! you guys look like us! it's so great! we are planning our wedding right now and it's super inspirational to see such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my goodness so beautiful. i just stumbled across your blog. it's lovely.

    happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy anniversary! you were a beautiful bride. and i absolutely love the dr. seuss quote. :)

    i stumbled upon your blog, and i'm your newest follower, so i thought i would take a moment to say hello.

    feel free to stop by sometime, if you'd like.

    http://delirious-rhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the cutest post ever! It makes me all giddy :-) such a darling wedding!!! I found your blog through manzanita, Rebecca is so sweet isn't she?
    I recently started blogging and I would love some friendly advice/criticism/ possible button swap?
    It would really make me the happiest girl in the world :-)

    www.byKatherineElizabeth.com

    I really hope to hear from you!

    -Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wedding photos are just breathtaking. So beautiful! Lots of (late) congrats on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wedding is so lovely. I adore all of the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy anniversary. Your photos are gorgeous. I stumbled upon your blog on twitter. :)

    www.lastsarahann.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely photos and happy anniversary! i love that you did a paper anniversary. we did that, too, and this year (2nd) was cotton for us. it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete