5.24.2011

My very first...


I was finally able to take home my very first pottery creation last week. I'm so pleased with the results! I had a really difficult time starting out on the wheel and this was the best I could do. I love it though and I've made a home for it on our bedside table. It's pretty perfect for one or two cut flowers.
I spend quite a bit of time practicing my throwing during each class and I've made quite a few bowls and a couple of honey pots since finishing this little vase. I'm looking forward to using a few of them as gifts! I plan on taking another pottery class after this one. I really love it and I'm just starting to get a feel for it all. The studios we work in are filled with all sorts of pretty and colorful pots. So much inspiration. I need plenty of practice and I have many tricks to learn, so I think I'll stick with it for a while longer. It's just so satisfying to finally get one right. A blob of clay has so much potential. The possibilities are endless right down to the various stains and glazes. I never really know how each piece will turn out. Oh, the anticipation! I can't wait to see how my latest pieces turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Its neat and perfect. You're very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! It's not perfect though. You just can't tell from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Love the color. And perfect is boring ;)
    I've been thinking about taking a pottery class myself, it does sound wonderful.

    (I've created a google/blogger profile to comment, I think something went wrong with my previous attempt to comment with it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats amazing for a first try!! I took pottery classes for nearly a year and I'm still can't produce something like that!

    ReplyDelete