5.26.2011

Happy Birthday, Linus!



Happy 2nd birthday to my sweet boy! We set up the Thomas train table that my grandparents bought for him. It was a glorious surprise for him to wake up to. He was so excited. He screamed "THOMAS" as soon as he went down stairs, then turned around, touched my face with serious concentration and whispered "Wook, mummy. It's Thomas." Today we will play with Thomas the Train, visit the museum, splash in the puddles, eat pasta and broccoli, blow bubbles, read 'Hippos Go Berserk!' 20 times, finger paint and drink yummy fruit smoothies. Yep, my little guy knows how to party!
While he was sleeping last night I cuddled up close to him, put my head near his and looked at his sweet face and his tiny body. He's grown so much, yet he's still the same in so many ways: Soft milky skin, the most beautiful wide eyes I've ever seen, berry lips, huge head, tiny shoulders, diaper bum, and chubby feet. I'm the luckiest woman in the world to know this little guy. To spend every day with him. How did I get so lucky? He is so lovely and has such a sweet demeanor. He's so polite and considerate. He makes friends everywhere we go, happily helps me around the house, whispers to be quiet when someone is sleeping, asks to "please play chalk outside?".
He's opened my eyes to all the wonders of the world. Things I cared nothing about have suddenly become so thrilling. Big buses and helicopters, worms and garden gnomes, cardboard boxes and hockey, spray parks and red slides! It's all become so new and exciting, seeing it through his eyes. Having him has been the most wonderful adventure. I am totally enamored and enchanted by him. He is my little man, my lovely little boy. I just can't believe this was 2 years ago today.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to my little Toopy!
    Love you like the wind.
    Ooma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd birthday to my favorite great grandson, Linus!! Have a wonderful day. Love you lots and lots, Gramma Goo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! My little guy's second birthday is soon too, I can't believe how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe happy 2nd birthday to Linus!! :) It's such a blessing to be a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore that last picture. What a precious little one. Happy birthday, Linus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy happy birthday linus! and happy birth anniversary krystin! time really does fly with little ones, hey? beautiful pictures, as always! XO

    ReplyDelete