2.18.2011

"Don't you hate Perry's wife!?"


Arthur is one of my very favorite movies. I've watched it a ridiculous number of times. I use quotes from the movie pretty much daily. "except for fish", and, "uh, your a hedge", are true gems. I was a little disappointed when I heard the news of a remake. How could they possibly remake this movie. It's already as good as it could ever get. Dudley Moore, Liza Minneli, and John Geilgud just can't be beat! Russel Brand will be starring as Arthur in the remake and his butler Hobson will be replaced by a nanny played by Helen Mirren. I must admit, I do think Russel Brand could do a really great Arthur, but after watching the new trailer...I have little hope for this movie. No Arthur theme song and I don't think the new Arthur is even a drunk! Oh well... I knew it would never be as good as the original. I'll probably still see it though. It does look kinda funny.
If you have yet to experience the original, please watch it with your family this weekend. You won't regret it.




2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the original. Guess this one has to be viewed as a whole new movie. Wash out the old as a different "Arthur"... this new guy is a cousin or a guy with the same name but in different circumstances. I think it might be funny too... but not necessarily the classic Dudley made it!! Made me want to go buy the original!!

    Love you lots, GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the original clip! Great way to start the day. The new one looks like poo.

    ReplyDelete