2.19.2011

"Back to the Furture" project

I've been looking through my grandparents photo albums from when my mom was little and some from when I was a baby. When i go through them i can't help but wish for a more simpler time.I would love to have been able to live and raise children back in the 50's or the 60's, heck, I'd even take the 70's. Not only for the amazing clothes and furniture but i feel like life was a bit more innocent, there was privacy, the times seemed safer and pure. People were more respectful. I like that. Anyway i came across photographer Irina Werning recently and her "Back to the Future" project. she loves old photos and is obsessive about recreating them today. Her work is brilliant and inspiring. Take a look for yourself...






I would love to try to recreate some of our old photos. I think that would be pretty hilarious. The hardest part would be trying to find the right clothes!


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that is funny. I really liked the first two, but when I got to the last one with the brothers in the tub, I couldn't stop laughing. That would be really funny to do, but hard to find the right clothes. Unless you did a bath scene, which I wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I have been spending a lot of time looking at old photos too. I would love to try this with some of my siblings.

    besitos

    ReplyDelete