1.31.2011

Sunday...

I love Sunday. We usually spend it relaxing at home. Doing laundry, drinking coffee, playing with our little shmoo and then we head to my grandparents house for family dinner (unless their in Hawaii, but even then we get together for birthday parties almost every second week!). It's really quite wonderful and I feel so lucky to have such a close family.
The mister had to work yesterday so Linus and were left to hang out. We danced around to some of mama's music, Linus helped me sort and fold the clean laundry and unload the dishwasher! He is very helpful... While Linus napped (for nearly 3 1/2 hours!) I sewed a few business cards for My Sweet baboo (I'll post about them soon), swiffered the floors, blogged and enjoyed a delicious hot cocoa with marshmallows. I just love when the marshmallows start to melt and you get that scummy layer on the top. Soooo good!

While I sipped my hot cocoa I snooped through the newly listed houses for sale in Edmonton on mls.ca. I came across this beautiful house in our area. Isn't it absolutely lovely and charming and perfect! It has a wrap around porch for pumpkins and afternoon tea, a claw foot tub for bubbly baths, pretty glass door knobs, hardwood floors of course, and it's been recently renovated!
It just needs some prettier paint colours, much less ugly furniture, a garden, and a lovely young married couple with a cute little boy named Linus to make it a home. Don't you think so?
Yes, I realize that we only just settled into the house we have now, and we do love it. The yard we have now is much nicer than the one that this house has, but seriously! Look at this house. It's like a dream...


2 comments:

  1. Oh it does look sweet on the surface. However, did you notice it was built in 1915! Nola's is 1950 and it is old. Did it have a basement? Garage? the price seems quite steep.... and - also, as another drawback, it is awfully close to Whyte Ave - do you remember when we were looking at condos how we were advised to give Whyte a berth - and stay reasonably far away, to keep the drunks from peeing in your yard, and the noise away at night? In my humble opinion, now is not the time to be looking - enjoy the little home you have for a little while longer - save your $$$, and then consider selling when prices go up a bit more and the economy is a bit better - and get a newer place, maybe in the same neighborhood as your mom, or elsewhere - that you will be happy to stay in for a much longer time - room enough for that second baby due in the spring time sometime!! Just my thoughts... but I love the deck - start a list of what you want in a house - and have some patience. Love you lots and lots - can't wait to see you on Thursday! GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Grandma. I really don't want to go through the whirl of having to move again so soon. And I know we won't get back what we put into this house with the market the way it is now. I'll be patient. I do love our house now and I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy the yard during the spring and summer. I'm just dreaming and I get excited when I find a house with a wrap around porch and a claw foot tub! It's so sweet and lovely looking. You know how much I love old houses...

    ReplyDelete