12.30.2010

"One Minute!"-Linus

I started today off by going to Dandy Salon & Spa for an amazing, and much needed, massage that my sweet hubby got me for Christmas. It was the best massage I've ever had and such a wonderful way to start the day. I picked up some coffee on the way home, Evan left for work and I spent the rest of the day playing at home with my little shmoo and knitting! We read about 50 different stories (he's obsessed with his books!), played with his new train set, keyboard, cars, building blocks, smurf mushroom house, and snacked on apples, granola and yogurt all before nap time. Here are a couple of sugary sweet shots of Linus napping. Is there anything more adorable than a sleeping baby?
Look at those juicy lips! They kill me...
While Linus napped (for 2 hours. WOOT!) I cleaned the house, wrote a few thank-you cards, and began knitting a tube scarf for my mama. Yep! I'll post pictures of it when I'm finished. I only just picked up my knitting needles for the first time yesterday since before Linus was born. I'm still doing the beginner stuff, knit & purl, but I did buy a really great easy baby knits book from Michaels with the gift card I got from Evan's lovely parents (Thank you!), so I hope to learn how to knit something more interesting. I made Evan this super cozy green scarf yesterday.

He was happy to have it.
This is the picture that inspired me to get back into knitting/crochet. I plan to knit a cozy blanket next. Those two little babes sure are sweet! I can't wait to re-create this picture with them on my knit blanky. Linus has the same jammies and was wearing them at the time this picture was taken, but it was really hard to get him to sit still. He just wanted to play!
Oh, and Linus has started to say, "One minute!", when we ask him to do something. It's super cute because it's usually right after we ask him to come somewhere with us, just as he's getting up off the floor or putting something away. Maybe he's worried we'll leave without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment