12.13.2010

12 sleeps til Christmas & How To: soother clip!

That's right, you heard me, 12 sleeps!!! Christmas is almost here and I've been busy trying to get the house ready. We bought a tree, it's white with a tinge of sparkly purple that looks pinkish when it's lit. We just love it. I've wrapped most of the presents now with awesome reversible paper from IKEA, and i've stuck a different vintage x-mas sticker on each one. I also made some pretty blue yarn pom poms to use instead of a bow. T'was fun! My mom, Jedi and Sadie came over the other day to see it all.We also had a little holiday party with some of our friends here on Saturday, which gave me a reason to clean the house and even make some more sugar cookies. Everyone has been so busy with school/work/life, so it was so great to see all those who came. Linus got to party with us for a little while before he went to sleep. He's such a good boy.

Linus loves his soother just like his mama did. One in the mouth and one in each hand. Sadie has the same kind that Linus has as you can see. They are the best soothers ever because they are made from 100% sustainable, all natural rubber, they won't wreck his teeth, and they are all one piece which makes it easier to keep hygienically clean. They also look a lot like the one I had when I was a little shmoo. We love soothers and how quickly they can provide comfort to a sad babe. It's totally worth the few difficult days we will go through trying to ween him off of it. Because we love soothers so much, we also love soother clips! No more frantic searching for lost soothers, no more dropping it on dirty restaurant floors! I decided to make a bunch of really cute soother clips out of Japanese fabric tape, a silver suspender clip, pretty little snaps and a hammer. It was so incredibly easy and I didn't even have to pull out my sewing machine! Linus is modeling my favorite one below. I found all the adorable fabric tape on Etsy and the clip and the snaps can be bought at Fabricland. Go ahead, make one for the sucky baby you know.



Works like a charm!

3 comments:

  1. Love your new tree! And, of course, sweet Sadie Love in the rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute babies! And I do love the sucie clips and the tree with the lovely gifts underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! They certainly are cute. I just can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete